Q & A
- Does your dog bark and lunge at passing dogs on the street? She is showing leash reactivity, a behavior that can be very successfully treated with consistent work.
- Does your dog threaten people coming into the home? He is exhibiting territorial aggression which, if left untreated, could eventually result in injury to your guests. See our Dog Blog for tips.
- Does your dog bark or bristle at strangers, passers-by, or children? She may be expressing fear-based aggression, often due to her under-socialization as a puppy.
- Does your dog stiffen or growl when you approach his bowl, a chew toy, or his favoriate resting spot? He is resource guarding, a potentially dangerous behavior.
- Does your dog nip or bite you more than you'd like? Does he chew on the furniture? He may need to learn bite inhibition or chew training.
|If you have a behavior question, send us an email!|
- Does your dog bark, destroy things, or break housetraining in your absence? Does she refuse food and water or groom herself excessively while you're away? She may be suffering from separation anxiety.
- Is your new puppy still having accidents in the house? He may need more thorough housebreaking. Go to our OnLine Dog Training for some tips.
- WoofGang's Q&A for the today.com readers discusses such topics as: ramps and your elder dog; the thunder-phobic dog; dogs who gets sick on car rides; the door dasher & the pup afraid of stairs; barking in the yard & the socially aggressive dog; shadow-chasing, going blind, & the compulsive licker; dogs with dogs & dogs with cats; fireworks-phobes & couch guarders; poop eaters & yard digging; shaping companion behaviors; dog kisses & barking at the TV; sibling rivalry & fear of the outdoors; taming the leash biter
- Does your dog snark other dogs at the dog park? He may be an inexperienced dog player who needs remedial dog play.
- Does your family want to adopt a new canine member? In choosing a dog, consider what breed, size, age and energy level will match your lifestyle. WoofGang can perform a behavioral evaluation to assess whether the dog will be a suitable match for your family.
Let WoofGang guide you in overcoming these challenges for a safer, happier relationship with your dog.
If you have questions, email us. We'd be happy to answer your question on www.myWoofGang.com.
|WoofGang answers questions for the Today Show's online audience!|
Wanna join WoofGang's WOOF GANG?|
Call 646.345.5116 now to sign up!
Take a tour of WoofGang's|